Monday, September 28, 2009

Split Size Seal Rock Bottling Brings $325.




Now even the most advanced collector will have to admit this was a very nice color on this split. I think this is a strong price on a nice piece, and the single factor that drove the price was the yellow color. I doubt this would have brought $75. in regular amber. Nice top shelf piece....not sure what the hell this really means ....as the higher the shelf the smaller the pieces when it hits the floor, but i see the term used on flea bay all the time. I guess I need to increase my allowance if I am going to compete in the future, must be in a heavy funk, as I did not even bid on this one either. Its nice to be back on line feeding the blog though.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, that term has long confounded me. "Top Shelf" must mean a bottle that deserves a prominent position in a collection. Silly term, much overused. Thankfully, we Westerners think "diffuntly" than them East Coasters do.

    My position is also that very light amber, or "yellow", if you will, bottles are the most desirable in that spectrum. Greens, if the color is not typical of the particular bottle, are a category of their own, usually fetching "pie in the sky" prices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is good to see you back online. Its been awhile since we've had a good "split"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really doubt that bottle has much yellow . I can make almost any light amber bottle look Yellow buy sticking it in front of a bright light . Just a thought .

    ReplyDelete