Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Reno Brewing Company Sign


This sign was found by Ted and Richard Siri in Nevada some years ago. They tell me everytime they went to Nevada they stopped by a store to purchase drinks and food, and on the ice-box was this sign nailed to it. They tried for sometime to be able to purchase the sign, but no luck then one day, they offered the women who owned the establishment an offer she could not turn down, someone had made her an offer and richard said he would double it and he did - he owed her something like $180.00. The sign is a great remainder of Western Brewing History, and I am proud to hang it in my collection. The Brewery was established in 1903 and ceased operations in prohibition. I would date the sign as somewhere in the 1903-1910 range. It is the only existing sign I have seen in this style and I love the Sierra Beer gold lettering.

3 comments:

  1. J.O.
    Good to see you are posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice sign John. The colors remind me of my Solano Brewery Vallejo beer sign.

    AP

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That is a nice one, John. Nothin' new around here, the area has dried up for signs. Gotta potential to score a 1902 Buffalo calendar, so hope that works out.

    ReplyDelete