Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Buffalo Brewery Bottle In Aqua Brings $432.


This bottle recently sold on e-bay for $432. and was found in Pennsylvania, which is a long way from home. It also has what appears to be an applied top very similar to a Boca Beer. Normally Ambers Buffalo Brewing Bottles sell for $10-$20 but I have never seen this variant in aqua and apparently neither did the purchaser, who paid a premium but ended up with a unique bottle. I have not posted in quite a while, but Warren Friedrich gave me some new information on the German Beer Bottles at Lou & Leisa Lamberts Bottle Camp which was a great event and I will post it tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. That is indeed a most interesting Buffalo. I have dug a ton of common aqua "Buffs', but never anything that resembled an applied top. It can pay to cruise fleaBay, something I seldom do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are the tooled crown top versions of these rare also?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the San Francisco quart size crown top in aqua with the BBCo. Monogram is super rare. I believe there is one in existence. I saw it on the Facebook bottle group names Western Bottle Collectors. I belive the fellows name is westcoastbottlediggerdan.

      Delete
  3. aahh yes the Buffalo with the ABCo. applied top. I recently got a hold of a blob top aqua variant with the Buff jumping through the horse shoe, also as rare as this baby. anyone have any ideas who ended up with this bottle?? curious on whats is on the base. this is Westcoastbottlediggerdan. (Daniel Lopez) also Have a one of a kind San Francisco variant.

    ReplyDelete